Surveyed by the Forbes World’s Billionaires list, Out of 2,095 members 552 resides in just 10 cities. Continuously for the 6th time in a row, The New York City (NYC) is probably residence for many billionaires.
Below is the list of top 10 cities in the world as per the billionaire success sequence:
- Dwellers : 92 billionaires + 8 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $424 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Michael Bloomberg
- Michael Bloomberg’s Capital : $48 Billion
Recording since 2019, as well as sequencing continuous 6th time in a row; the name of city that never sleeps or prestigiously known as “Gotham”- The New York City (NYC)- has the most count of billionaire dwellers increased by eight more. From the finance industry there are five new billionaires including private equity wizard Steven Klinsky and Tony Tamer. The other newcomers from different segments have joined the rank that is Brooklyn innate Jay-Z and AI pioneer Daniel Dines.
- Dwellers : 72 Billionaires – 8 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $321 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Lee Shau Kee
- Lee Shau Kee’s Capital : $28.1 Billion
As the city recorded a net loss of eight billionaires, Hong Kong remains on No. 2. In the late 2019, property prices fell across the panel in Hong Kong that injured the real estate industry, which is the source of wealth for many of city’s plushest; it also includes Hong Kong beginner and a real estate developer Lum Ruixiang.
- Dwellers : 70 Billionaires – 1 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $301.7 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Vladimir Potanin
- Vladimir Potanin’s Capital : $19.7 Billion
Alike Shenzhen; Moscow is the city amongst top 10 where every single Billionaire is self-made and opposite to attained inheriting prosperity. Many of them have close connexions to Russian President Vladimir Putin. It is called as capital home for many of Russia’s Billionaires including mining tycoon Vladimir Putin-the richest person of Russia.
- Dwellers : 67 Billionaires + 6 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $218.2 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Zhang Yiming
- Zhang Yiming’s Capital : $16.2 Billion
Beijing; the capital of China rose by six more in 2019 to tally ten-figure-fortunes and reached 67 Billionaires. Two Billionaires that are added to Beijing Billionaire list are Liu Yachao of TAL Education and Larry Xiangdong both of them own companies that provide online coaching after school.
- Dwellers : 56 Billionaires + 1 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $212.7 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Len Blavatnik
- Len Blavatnik’s Capital : $17 Billion
On January 31st, 2020; London and rest of United Kingdom left European Union. London has a net addition of one more Billionaire in 2019. The city that demands to be the world’s exclusive has actually five new billionaire residents; that sleets from outside United Kingdom. The names of such tycoons are Brazilian Healthcare mogul- Edson de Godoy Bueno; Russian brothers Lgor Bukhman and Dmitry, and initiators of online gaming firm Camilla de Godoy Bueno Grossi and Playrix.
- Dwellers : 46 Billionaires + 1 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $130.7 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Colin Huang
- Colin Huang’s Capital : $16.5 Billion
During this pandemic as many of habitants were locked down; E-commerce has seen a bang in China to slow the spread of Coronavirus. It boosted fortunes of online retail geniuses such as Colin Huang.
The newcomers to the list of Shanghai Billionaires are Wang Jilei who drew his prosperity from rapid transport firm ZTO Express and Chen Rui whose showbiz site Bilibili saw a demand after it gave inhabitants of locked down areas free access to superior content.
- Dwellers : 44 Billionaires + 5 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $220.2 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Ma Huateng
- Ma Huateng’s Capital : $38.1 Billion
In 2019, five new members were added to three commas club across Hong Kong; all of them are self-made. Alibaba Co-Founder is the first richest person in the city while the sequence is continued by Ma Huateng- Chairman and CEO of Internet media behemoth Tencent Holdings.
From hostile with the effects of trade war with US, Shehzhen’s export-led manufacturer is added to Billionaires list with net worth $29.7 Billion to their collection.
- Dwellers : 38 Billionaires + 1 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $148.3 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Mukesh Ambani
- Mukesh Ambani : $36.3 Billion
Since 2019, Mumbai gained one Billionaire resident losing five Billionaire but adding six newcomers. Some of them include Parekh brothers; owners of Pidilite Industries that makes cement and sealants and Abhay Vakil-Asian Paints; India’s largest paint company.
The drop-off of the year is Rajan Raheja- Raheja Real estate member of the city whose worth was estimates $2.3 Billion last year.
- Dwellers : 37 Billionaires – 5 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $90.7 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Dustin Moskovitz
- Dustin Moskovitz’s Capital : $9.3 Billion
In 2019, the city has lessened five Billionaires because fortunes fell below $1 Billion for Pinterest Co-Founder Ben Silbermann and Uber CEO- Ryan Graves. The newcomers who are welcomed to Billionaires list is Vlad Shmunis- Cloud Communication entrepreneur and Orlando Bravo- Private Equity dealmaker.
- Dwellers : 31 Billionaires + 9 since 2019
- Total Net Wealth : $95.3 Billion
- Richest Denizen : Zhang Yong
- Zhang Yong’s Capital : $11 Billion
Since 22 years, this wealthy city has 31 Billionaires that replaced Seoul in the top 10. Zhang Yong, who is Singapore’s richest dweller is also China’s richest restaurateur – the owner of Sichuan Hot Pot chain Haidilao which is $4.2 Billion richer than 2019. The company’s stock showed a hike of 53% profit from 2019.