Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon, has been announced the first richest person whose net wealth ascended over $200 billion by the Index stated in Forbes and Bloomberg Billionaires.
Conferring to Forbes, the flanking person to Bezos is a well-known person, who is co-Founder of Microsoft named as Bill Gates who is currently having wealth $116 billion while the index in Bloomberg Billionaires has stated his net worth at $124 billion.
Following are five things about Jeff Bezos, the CEO and Co-Founder of Amazon:
- Amazon, the company that has grown today, as the world’s most valued company; was founded by Bezos, two eras ago as an online bookseller. In more than a dozen of countries, it features trade processes. It plays a major role in processes in digital devices and cloud calculating devices, groceries, video streaming, artificial intelligence and what not!
- Since 2014, he is bizarrely rising enormously with an estimation of around USD 32 billion with a good affluence. Amid the Covid-19, a huge thwart in its demand was seen by the e-commerce for the services provided.
- On the recent report stated by Forbes, from the opening of 1st January 2020, the Amazon stock is up nearly 80%, which is roughly $115 billion. Nevertheless, his massive fortune is been built by his 11% stake which holds over 90% in Amazon.
- In 2013, Bezos purchased the Washington Post and possesses the private space exploration firm Blue Origin. A couple of years ago, as stated by Bezos to some journalists, he was going to sell some of his Amazon shares to fund Blue Origin.
- In April 2019, when Bezos and his first wife MacKenzie confirmed their divorce, he gave her a fourth of his Amazon stake that is 19.7 million shares of which she decided to donate half of it that is $38 billion funding to investor Warren Buffet philanthropic campaign- the giving initiate.